Friday, July 27, 2012

Gold medal style

14 minutes til the Olympic opening ceremonies, and the energy is a-buzzing in my office. Working in a speakers bureau, we represent a lot of current and past Olympians, so we're pretty caught up in all the madness.

Also being a Friday, we're having a hard time concentrating on work, so what better time than now to post a little summin'-summin' for you guys!

I'm reminded of all the fun we had when the Olympics were hosted in Vancouver in 2010, particularly of broadcasting how Vancouverite I could really be by running through the streets in open toes in the rain:


These little friends were my go-to going out shoes that year. I bought them in Vegas the very first time I went, and they were amazing. I could walk on them for 15 hours straight and my feet would feel like a dream. Sadly, they succumbed to overuse after being glued back together 18 times.


And then there was the men's gold hockey game. A greater show of Canadian patriotism was never seen! I was lucky enough to be downtown amidst all the madness, and madness it was.


Choruses of "O Canada" could be heard between whistles, shrieks and cheers, and the roads were impassable for hours.

That night, we took part in a giant street party to mark the closing ceremonies, and I nearly died wearing evil ankle boots:

They look so innocent, but dont' be fooled. Evil.

And now! It's time, so I'll leave you with this:

Patriotic shoes from DSquared. Go Team Canada!

2 comments: