Thursday, July 12, 2012

This little piggie went to market...

Let's talk about toes.

Part of wearing pretty open-toed shoes is having pretty toes, the basis of which is having a nice pedicure, regularly upkept, if possible.

Trends in pedicures (and manicures) are pretty similiar to those in fashion. This summer, there are lots of brights, metallics and a bit of a throwback to the 80's.

One of my favourite trends is doing an accent nail. This is where you paint all of your nails one colour, and then do one or two toes in a contrasting colour.

These are my toes (before Vegas turned them into the mess you saw yesterday):


Hot pink, with a black accent toe on either foot. I think they make my feet look a little like watermelons.

Another trend I keep seeing on fingers and toes is doing an ombre effect, starting with a dark colour, and then using a lighter shade of the same on each subsequent digit. It looks a little something like this:

(No, that's not my foot.)

And, I had to include this photo, because I think this palette looks beautiful, and I love dark polish for summer:


It's not a foot, but you get the idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment