Thursday, February 2, 2012

Born to SHOP!

From the time I was born, my Mum and Grandma taught me well. So, no one was all that surprised when my first spoken sentence was "Shop 'til you drop!" (though it was pronounced more like "Shop-a-drop!"), a sentence I, no doubt, said with great gusto, and a manta that I've kept pretty true to for most of my life.

I come from a long line of shopaholics, and, but for a brief spell where I was having trouble handling my finances, I can say that I am proud to follow in the family tradition! My father, on the other hand, doesn't get it. Maybe it's a feminine legacy. 

So, with all that in mind, it's only to be expected that a quick road trip across the border for groceries and a few basics would turn into a quest for fashion. That's not to say I walked into the first store, blacked out and came to surrounded by shopping bags and couture. I am very responsible with my money, but sometimes a girl needs a treat... or five. 

Needless to say, there were shoes in there. Here are my new darlings:


They're another stroke of genius from Candie's, and hit on a bunch of delicious trends all at once. 

If we look to Christian Louboutin's Spring/Summer 2012 collection for inspiration, there are some great examples of all the trends that these little darlings embody:


Satin. It's been on all sorts of feet. Natalie Portman, Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, to name a few. Charlotte Olympia, Manolo Blahnik, Sergio Rossi, Vera Wang and Jimmy Choo did them, amongst others. Satin is hot for Spring this year.

This one should come as no surprise, after all the fuss I've been making about colourblocking in the last few weeks. Mixing a shoe like this with a bright coloured pencil skirt (I picked up three last night) is a great way to wear colourblocking without it being too overwhelming. You don't have to look like a you drive a Delorian to pull it off, either. Modern shapes are key here.



Then, we have the best part, the embellished heel. Glitter and crystals are so much fun in Spring because you can utilise all the extra sunshine to put a little sparkle in your step. There's nothing quite like walking down the street and wanting to bust out a few moves, and it would only be fitting to do so when your heels look like disco balls. 





No comments:

Post a Comment