Monday, February 27, 2012

Staying on track.

Once upon a time, I refused to attach the term "New Year's resolution" to anything that I actually wanted to accomplish. Buy fewer shoes? Sure, that can go on that list, because, the second that it does, I know it will never happen. In fact, if I resolve to buy fewer shoes under such circumstances, I'll almost certainly have 12 new pairs by Valentine's Day.

Such is not the case any longer, though I still prefer to make "new year resolutions" on my birthday, rather than "New Year's resolutions" on January 1st, because they're more personal and I feel less like another hopeful who will start out attempting to run 15 miles a day and end up ordering greasy Chinese food from the take-out place up the street and demand that they deliver because one simply cannot leave the house with a waistline in such a state. 

All that being said, setting goals any day of the year is good practice, and you're actually far more likely to succeed if you make a point of writing them down. Which is why I told you all mine, way back in January. 

If you recall, my New Year's resolution was nothing quantitative, but qualitative. More exercise, more fruits and vegetables, spending less money on eating out, and spending more time making healthy meals. In short, healthy. 

And, I'm very, very pleased to say that I'm keeping on it! Nearly two months into the year, and I've been walking to and from work everyday (though I've given up on the idea of wearing running shoes in favour of my trusty rainboots, due to my severe lack of faith in the ever-changing Vancouver weather... and they're way cuter), swimming lengths with a lovely friend from work once a week, and, after having a fantastic bicycle ride with my brother on the weekend, have decided that it should be a weekly affair as well. 

On the food front, things have been delicious, nutritious and inexpensive, so we're doing well there too! And, the inexpensive part means that I was able to pick these up, guilt-free:


Vera Wang perfection! I also have the same shoe in flesh pink:



Delish, no?

And, when paired with my new bright pencil skirts (which look awesome on my newly healthified bod!) either pair look simply divine!

They also look fabulous with stovepipe jeans.

In other news, I think there's a gremlin in my basement... I'm missing three different boots, and one pair of heels. He's probably responsible for all the holes in my tights, too. Curses.




No comments:

Post a Comment