Thursday, October 18, 2012

What Mikal made (Or: my new slippers)

Something delightful has happened!

If you remember, back in July, I had reposted an entry from my friend, Mikal's, blog, in which she had made some adorable little knitted bootie slippers.

We had gone for tea a little while after that, and she had offered to make me a pair. I was happy to graciously accept her offer, and we didn't really speak of it again for a long while.

As I've been insanely busy with New York trips and a major undertaking of closet organization and clutter purging, I hadn't seen my dear Mikal in a few months, and, as we hadn't spoke about it, and she's getting really close to her due date (she and her husband are expecting their first child at the end of November), I assumed that she'd forgotten about my booties, and continued on with my life.

But, I was wrong! We finally managed to get together for tea once again, she presented me with these beauties!


They're so comfy, and perfect for wearing inside my raccoon slippers when it gets really chilly at night. Plus, I've slept in them a few times, and the ties make sure they stay on my feet. The few times a year I sleep in socks, I end up finding them in the bottom of my duvet or on the floor in the morning. 

Thank you so much Miss Mikal! I love them! 

And, again, if you want to check out her blog, it's here. It's a great spot if you're looking for a project! 



No comments:

Post a Comment