Monday, May 7, 2012

Summer? (Or: The return of the indestructible blue flip-flops)

I feel like I've been neglecting you, which is inexcusable.

It's been a very busy few weeks, not that that's an excuse!

For one, summer appears to have shown up. It's a little odd... And, with summer, comes summer-mode, a rather terrifying state of mind that I go into when the weather gets nice. Think lots of high-heels, tight skirts and wine. On a merry-go-round. Now, you've about got it. A bit of a whirlwind, no pun intended.
Essentially, my weekend warrior setting has kicked into overdrive, and, it's hard to slow down.

But! That being said, I've been shopping. In fact, I plan to do much, much, much more shopping, as I will be on a plane to New York in just over a week. And, last May, I came back with 15 new pairs. Let's see if we can break that record...

Anyways, back to the present! The sun has been trying to shine the last few weeks, and is slowing gaining ground over the rainclouds! This means one thing: it's time to bring out the indestructible blue flip-flops. If you don't know the ones I'm talking about, let me jog your memory here.

I've also picked up a few new pairs of beauties since we last spoke, one of which I'm wearing today.



It's going to be a beautifully bright summer, people! I love that I can wear these with most anything (I'm in a blue sundress above the patent leggings) and they add the perfect pop of delicious colour that just makes you feel like you're walking on sunshine! Plus, the cork makes them a great day shoe, and the wedges mean you could wear them to the beach and not sink into the sand.


They're much prettier than my ugly blue flip-flops, but sometimes, you can't beat the feel of hideous foam against your toes!

I have a summertime resolution (as we all know I like to make these things at odd times of the year) to keep up my toenail polish, so expect some cool colours in photos to come!

I'd love to see your toes! Please send me photos of what's on your feet, and I'll happily feature them!

1 comment: