Thursday, September 13, 2012

The quest for spikes. (Or: Wishes unfulfilled.)

On my list for New York was the perfect pair of spiked stillettos. They were the one thing I didn't get.

My heart is broken.

I don't think I was asking too much. All I really wanted was a little something like this:

 
... but with a smaller price tag. Love you, Mr. Louboutin, but I'm not there yet.
 
This is not the first time I've shown you spikes, if you remember. I've had spikes on the brain for awhile...
 
So, having thought long and hard about the lack of metal in my life, I decided it was time for some spikes of my own.
 
But, this was not in the stars. Every pair of spiked heels I came across were either the wrong colour:
 

Or too expensive...


 
Or tacky leopard print...
 
 
Or, in the case of the black beauty below the Jersey Shore mess going on up there, the wrong size...
 
Or, the studs were too short, too long, too big, too small, or too ugly.

 
 

It seemed everyone was getting studs and spikes but me! There were even skull-studded shoes for men! This just seemed unfair.


 
So, I figured I'd give the whole thing up, and just buy the Heel Condoms (actually these are panty-style) that I had showed you previously.   

 
But, wouldn't you know it, I couldn't even find those. Check the website, I dare you. They're no where to be found!
 
And, after 10 days of looking for the perfect spiked heels, I gave up. For now...
 
There's no time like November to check out those sale racks... Watch out New York, I'm coming back...

2 comments:

  1. Try DSW.com or shoedazzle.com my dear. If you need anything let me know.. you can ship them to my hotel room on my next US trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dearest! I have a PO box in Blaine, actually, so that's easy ;)

      Fingers crossed for me!

      Delete