Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sky's the limit

More tales of New York!

One of the things I noticed, while I was wandering the streets of New York City, was how often shoes were used in advertising, art, and the creative ways they were used in displays. So, I present, a post in photos: A creative shoe-case from New York!

 
 
These tasty bread shoes were on a sign at one of the cafĂ©/delis that are everywhere in New York, either Au Bon Pain or Europan, or something like that. Delish!  

 
My mum and I stumbled upon the Museum of Sex randomly in our travels one evening. These were on display, and yes, those are penis sneakers. And, for the bargain price of $300.00, you, too could have peeners on your feet. Hooray?


This is a great and creative way to display your shoes... Can you imagine a whole room lined with these? Much prettier than my shoe racks, but I'm not sure how I would be able to get my extensive collection to fit... This window was at Cole Haan, and their Chelsea pumps are actually named for NYC DJ Chelsea Leyland, and are extra flexible (and hopefully extra comfy!), claiming that you can wear them for 20 hours! I didn't get a chance to test drive them...

 
I want this on my wall at home. At World According to 9 (part of the Nine West world) on Madison.
 


 
 
Blocks and blocks of Cons. Not really much of a sneaker person (though I do have a pair of pink ones from a long time ago), I thought these made for an interesting window. Taken somewhere in Soho.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment