Thursday, January 19, 2012

Flightless and grounded.

I've been getting text messages from my mum all day.

She's in New York.

I'm not.

This seems wrong.

New York is honestly my home-away-from-home (but only until I can scheme my way into getting an apartment and a green card...) and I haven't been since September. Again, this seems wrong.

Sometimes, having a day job is just so inconvenient.

But, I'm able to live vicariously through the photos she's been sending me of things she's seen, or things she'd like to buy for her store, so at least I can close my eyes and pretend I'm there too.

For example:




My credit card is happy that I'm not in New York.

Because, really, who could say no to these little beauties? And, I'm sure they have a few colours... I might need them all.

To be honest, colour blocking is everywhere right now. It was all over the Fall 2011 runways, and they're here to stay for Spring 2012. I especially love these from B Brian Atwood (who I'm loving more and more every season... damn!)



They're like a flamingo swimming in a Mondrian. Love, love, love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment