Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Man, busy makes it hard to blog.

Hello, my darlings!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know it's been awhile!!

But! I have stories to tell you. Promise!!!

Ok, where did I leave you off....? Right! I was working at Vorum and trying to make the best of the summer while still wearing fabulous footwear.

What has happened in the meantime? Ohhh, sooo mucchhh!

Let's go chronologically:

Labour day weekend, we went to Nola! (New Orleans for those who don't know) and practically lived in my indestrucible flipflops (as always). Actually, by the time that the real fall weather hit, I had a pretty impressive tanline...










Anyways, after that, I continued working at Vorum for awhile, and we were told that we were going to get AMAZING custom boots from our partner in the UK and I picked THESE beauties:

They're forest green suede, and black patent. Yum, no?



You can check them out on the website too! Anyways, this whole process involved getting my feet scanned so that custom lasts could be made, so that custom shoes could be made! Neat, huh?



Anyways, moving on! I've since left my job at Vorum, although I'm still getting my boots ;), and am working at a new company called National Speakers Bureau/Contemporary Communications, as an office administrator/accountant of sorts... So far, so good!



But I'm getting ahead of myself. I've also been to the Vancouver Museum to see a shoe EXHIBIT with my mum! Check out the flyer, as found on a lamppost:





Those gorgeous stained-glass leather boots are Fluevogs, and he was one of Vancouver's FIRST fantastic shoe-designers. Now, he has a cult-following. Anyways, it was an amazing exhibit, and ran through all the history of Fox & Fluevog as designers and as a company. Neat stuff if you ask me! This was my favourite sign:


Truth, sir, truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment