Monday, February 18, 2013

My thrifty treasure (Or: ten dollars?!)

My recent ventures into thrift stores are no secret, I've been regaling you all with tales of delight and disgust for awhile now, but I hadn't had any great finds in recent trips. Until a couple weeks ago...

I was with my mum in Bellingham, and we were walking the aisles at a fabric store, which is located less than a block from Goodwill. Suddenly, I was overcome with an undeniable need to go to Goodwill, post haste!

Without knowing why, we marched down, and I started my hunt. I didn't have much in the way of expectations, seeing as most of what I was looking at was ick than eureka...


(Yes, that is a pseudo-cowboy boot slingback. Ew.)
 
But, then, something caught my eye....
 
 
 
Those are black and gold Michael by Michael Kors sandals. And, they were ten dollars. I quickly slipped them on (they fit like a dream), and, boots in hand, ran off to find my mum.
 
 
She was at the cash, and I rushed up with a breathless, "I'm blinded by the label, are these cute or ugly?!" It was agreed that they were adorable, and became mine in a matter of minutes.
 
 
This is my thrift store success story. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna pop some taaaaaggggs only got twenty dollahs in my pocket

    This is fuckin awessoommee ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I was huntin', looking for a come-up.

      And it was fucking awesome ;)

      Delete