Monday, December 17, 2012

Walking in a winter wonderland

This past Friday, I took a little trip with my man to Whistler, land of winter and snowflakes.

It was so lovely! I took a bus up and spent the night the Summit Lodge and Spa, had a lovely dinner at 21 Steps, and then got to wander the village and relax, all with my charming boyfriend, Milos.

Being the shoe-aholic that I am, I, of course, was in heels for dinner. One of my favourite things is when Milos and I get all dressed up and go out together, so I was not going to waste an opportunity because of the cold. So, with a wool overcoat and a velvet scarf over my lacey dress and tights, I popped on a pair of Vera Wang stilettos and stepped out into the snow.


They're a little hard to see in this photo, but those are suede, and strappy with open-toes. Not necessarily the cleverest choice to go tromping through the snow, but I made it work. The platforms kept me high enough off the ground to get wet, and the dry snow didn't stick. It was a chilly stroll, though!

I probably won't be attempting open-toes in the snow again in the near future... At least not unless there's a vehicle involved!


The rest of the trip was spent in my knee-high black boots, a much more winter-friendly choice, with their fuzzy lining and unexpected waterproof exterior (I was pleasantly surprised by my bone-dry toes after 90 minutes of kicking through fresh powder).


Overall, it was a sublime weekend, and got me very much in the Christmas spirit. So much so, in fact, that I spent all day Sunday baking Christmas goodies with my best friend, Estee.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment